CD update...

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 21:59:01 EDT 2003

>Shari:
>
>If you simply want to ensure the program is on a CD, a simple test
>is to try writing a temp file to the same directory as the program .
>If the result is not empty, then it's locked and thus on CD. If the
>result is empty, delete the temp file and report that the program
>will only run from CD.
>
>Don't know if this is helpful.
>
>/H

Actually they must install the program on their hard drive to run it,
but it does need the CD to run.

Things are not going well with the CD so far.  I had to give up on
the query for the CD, and use another (very poor) option.
Dissatisfied.  And where I had a nice image in the background of the
folder, the image turned to mud on Windows.  I had chopped up an
image into icons for the folder backdrop.  Beautiful on Mac, horrible
on Windows.  At this moment, I should have at least 25 CD's burned.
Tomorrow I should be packing, and taking care of other things.  I
expected to have this done two weeks ago... *sigh*

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com