METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 10:04:00 EDT 2003

>The only thing I can think of that might be different is that Rev
>uses different default fonts and sizes. If you have any fields that
>use text defaults, they may look different (text will be smaller.)
>Other than that, I can't think of anything that would affect your
>stack.

I know some slipped thru the cracks, as initially I chose Helvetica
as the default, only to discover it was not very consistent on the
platforms, so I switched to Arial for most text, and occasionally
Verdana.  They seem to be pretty consistent from platform to
platform.  I do set a default for the stack at the very least.  But I
didn't initially.  Created a bit of anarchy there for a moment.

The good news is that as soon as I come back from vacation (the
Shareware Industry Conference just happens to be in my hometown....
:-) I will be back to work on my favorite project, and can put to
good use all I've learned from porting two into MC from HC and
writing one from the ground up in MC.

One anomaly I've found is that sometimes when I'm setting colors for
things, all of Metacard suddenly becomes colored, and nothing fixes
it but a quit/relaunch.  Anybody else experience this?

I wonder if I should bombard Kevin with the anomalies I've had to
find workarounds for... such as random(0) = 1, and that the Mac
menubar won't update when you hide/show btns in it, unless you click
outside the stack and back in... I had to come up with a really
klutzy workaround for that one.  Or that sometimes front/backscripts
disappear, presumably something in a MC written handler resets them,
deleting mine.  So on resume stack, I have to reset them.... or that
Hypercard soundchannels (without a player object) would be nice...

Maybe I'll let him catch his breath first :-)

Shari C

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com