METACARD ACQUIRED BY RUN REV!!!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 9 20:45:00 EDT 2003

On 7/9/03 5:23 PM, Shari wrote:

>> Why not download the free running version that lasts for 30 days and
>> see how it goes?

> That wouldn't tell me if it would successfully run the programs I * just
> * released.

Why not? Why wouldn't it?

I think you should just try it. Download the latest free version, which
will give you a choice between using the 10-line script limited version
or the fully-functional 30-day trial. Select the 30-day free trial to
get the equivalent of a fully licensed version with no script limits,
which will run for 30 days. Then open your latest game stack in Rev and
see how it does. Make some new stacks while you are in there too.

The only thing I can think of that might be different is that Rev uses
different default fonts and sizes. If you have any fields that use text
defaults, they may look different (text will be smaller.) Other than
that, I can't think of anything that would affect your stack.

MC and RR use different methods behind the scenes to ease the
development process. For example, a lot of the keyboard shortcuts are
different (such as how to get into the script editor.) However, once the
stack is written the IDE becomes immaterial and is, in fact, almost
never called on to do anything. And if the stack is made into a
standalone, there is no IDE any more at all; both compile identical
standalones.

I can guarantee that your stacks will run identically in Revolution.
Really, it isn't any different than people using their own cusomized
Home stacks in HyperCard.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com