Jumping together

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 9 15:16:01 EDT 2003

From: Scott Rossi,

"I actually took a stab at doing a front end for MC that started about 4
years ago.  The goal was to get better layout capabilities than those
provided in the current MC IDE, and keep everything (except the script
editor and message box) in a single, small-footprint palette.  I only
poke my nose into it every few months or so because the time to do
something like this is very demanding, but FWIW, some screenshots are
available here:

http://www.tactilemedia.com/TLE/screenshot_1.jpg
http://www.tactilemedia.com/TLE/screenshot_2.jpg
http://www.tactilemedia.com/TLE/screenshot_3.jpg"

LOL!

That was the first thing I did when I switched from HC! After futzing
with Dan Gelder's "Serf", I felt that the best path was MC, but the GUI
begged for improvement. An "everthing" palette is still the best course,
IMHO. Click a "part" button and ONLY its propreties are displayed.
You're right, it's very time consuming. It's a bit like doing brain
surgery on yourself... ;-)

You have a great eye for GUI and design. What graphic app did you use?

BTB, you're left-handed, right? You use the same test words that I use:
sger,trewy, drety etc...

Ray G. Miller
Turtlelips Productions
4009 Everett Ave.