Customising the Metacard Environment

MisterX x at monsieurx.com
Mon Jul 7 13:33:01 EDT 2003

Monday, 07 July, 2003 Richmond  scripted,

> However (this will not make me popular) I personally find
> that Runtime Revolution wipes the floor with Metacard - and
> seems even more customisable.

Richmond,

It's all in the limit you set on
your view or experience of things...

This could be true but consider that
RR was built on top of MetaCard.

In RunRev, your stacks have both
the restriction of the RunRev platform
and its language and [exo] operating time/scope.
Though it's certainly a great and awesome show
in product design, quality and engineering!

Now, maybe all MC settings may be 'easily' available
in RR, but changing them could "disrupt" RR's smooth
operation. Im sure RR authors thought of that though! ;)

(absolutely untested by yours truly but for extreme
programming fans, this should be fun to script'n'test!)

In MC, you dont have this. You dont have all the property
buttons available either in any of the palettes but they
are available in the help stack (but you have to find,
retype and examplify it yourself)...

The index window in the help menu is where to start...

You havent seen "Control Browser X" have you?
<http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=100>

It's ALL the properties, customprops, content and script of any
stack object editable in one stack.

Cheers to MetaCard's ultimate powers of conception!
Xavier

--

The only thing better than EOC is a BMW Z3M Coupe with quad-neutron
Particle Beams!