POST Command

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 09:10:14 EST 2003

At 8:28 am -0500 31/1/03, Gregory Lypny wrote:
>Hello Everyone,
>
>	I'm using the POST command to download records from an online
>FileMaker database.  The problem I'm having is that no data is
>returned in the variable *it* when I specify *all* (for finding all
>records) in my url expression.  This doesn't happen with all my FM
>databases, and I'm usually able to download all records, often in
>the hundreds, without a glitch.  For the problem databases, I can
>specify a specific number, say, ten, and it works; after that, 20
>will work, then 30.  But won't return any data when I specify more
>than 40 (and there are, in fact, about 150 records).  I'm guessing
>that FileMaker delays returning any data if it has to do some
>indexing first, MC then pulls down nothing, and the handler runs
>through much more quickly then when there is data returned.
>
>	Is there a command or setting I can use that will cause MC to
>wait longer for FileMaker to respond?  I've tried to use
>libUrlSetLogField to get more information but I'm not sure what I
>should be looking for.

Did you check the result function after the post command? This should
give you a hint if the problem is on the server end.

e.g

post whatever to url whatever
if the result is not empty then answer the result

If the result is empty, then it looks like the problem is at the client end.

Before speculating on possible causes, can you confirm that the
result is in fact empty?

Cheers
Dave