The Case Of The Reluctant Field

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 28 16:53:01 EST 2003

MetaCardians,

I said.

> I've a case where a scrollngfield will NOT take the focus unless it is
> clicked into with the mouse.
> This field's properties are identical to the previous 5 fields, i.e.:
> Traverse on
> auto tab
> hilite on
> fixed line height
>
> This Reluctant Field was working properly in the past: tabbed from one
> field to the next....
>
> Has anyone has a case where a field changed its properties on its own volition?

The Case of the Reluctant Field has been solved.

It was not a bug of MC. It was a Case of the “TraverseOn” set to false
for the GROUP! The Reluctant Field was one of three in a group, and I
had inadvertently set the TraverseOn property of the group to false as I
was cleaning up....

It's actually a nice feature; a semi-locked field for busy fingers.

Ray

--

Ray G. Miller
MailTo:rgmiller at pacbell.net