MC front end to PostgreSQL

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Fri Jan 24 13:23:01 EST 2003

| Subject: Re: MC front end to PostgreSQL

| |
| | Allo List,
| |
| | A "build 3" issue of the MCSQL Address Book example app is available for
| | download at :

In an earlier post today I said I thought I should have posted to this
list a few gotchas which I had sent to Pierre, so here they are:

1) Don't forget to chmod a+x abook.html in your cgi-directory, even
though it is an html file it is being executed as a cgi script.
(Perhaps Pierre will explain that little twist to us).  That one got me.
 Changing it to have extension .cgi  (because I thought I might have to
register html as a valid cgi extension with Apache if I didn't do this)
caused it to fail.  ???  Well, anyway, it works the way Pierre designed
it, so don't change the file name would be my humble advice.

2) The instructions say to change the http://localhost etc to be your
real cgi-bin directory.  I changed it and it didn't work.  Hmmm.. Ok,
then I went back and realized this pattern occurs 4 or 5 times in the
stack main script and I only hit the first one.  Gotta change them all.

3) I got the db connection working when I ran the ap under the IDE
but not stand alone.  Ah, gotta use the resource mover to put the url
library in the stack.