CGI Frustration

John J. Theobald mailjjt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 22 15:50:00 EST 2003

Ken Ray wrote:

> Yes, I set both the Linux executable and the script to 755. What shared libs
> would MetaCard need?
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
> Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

The library that is needed should be in /usr/X11R6/lib.  If I had to
guess, it either is not there OR the linker can't find it at runtime
because it is not looking in the correct folder(s).

Can you see if libXext.so.6 lives in the /usr/X11R6/lib directory?  If
it does not, can you search for the library with ...

$ find /usr -name libXext.so.6

...and see if the library is found somewhere else?

If it is in /usr/X11R6/lib or found elsewhere, you'll need to tell the
linker where to find it by doing something like pre-defining the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable with:

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/X11R6/lib

...or get the system admin to make sure the ld.so.conf file contains the
  folder where the library resides followed by re-running the ldconfig
command to update the linker.

Last, if the library can't be found on the system, you'll need to find
which RPM contains that library and install it.

Hope this helps,

Johnn J. Theobald