CGI Frustration

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jan 22 12:46:00 EST 2003

OK, I'm finally trying to get MC set up as a CGI. I have an ISP that uses
Linux, so I DL'ed the linux engine and uploaded it to my cgi-bin folder. I
set the permissions to 755, and have a simple script called "test.mt" that
sits in the cgi-bin folder as well, and its permissions are 755. The script
is this...

#!linux

on startup
  put "Hello World!" into tResponse
  put "Content-Type: text/html" & crlf
  put "Content-Length:" & (the length of tResponse) & crlf & crlf
  put tResponse
end startup

... and I keep getting an internal server error 500. I tried exactly the
same thing on another ISP using BSD (with the exception of the first line
being "#!mc"), and got the same result. I'm convinced I'm just not calling
it properly... any ideas?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software