Creating thumbnail

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jan 9 14:42:00 EST 2003

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 11:12 PM, Karl Becker wrote:

> Oh yes, it changes a lot.  It's for a golf game, actually.  The group
> I'm taking a snapshot of is the course itself, made up of graphic
> objects.    It changes every time a new hole is loaded.

There may be ways to turn a problem into a solution.

1.
Maybe you can fly over a hole each time it is loaded taking snapshots
as you go to create the thumbnail.

2.
The reduced snapshot may be hard to read anyway.  Maybe as one edits a
hole, placing objects here and there, similar objects are placed on the
thumbnail.  These are not tiny versions of the big objects but can be
of any convenient type.  Also, they are designed to read better at the
small size.  The green circle might scale exactly but have greater
color contrast.  The flag might be large for the scale for readability.
  They might also have a different perspective than the hole map.

3.
Only show the local area in the thumbnail, the rest is a surprise.

4.
Other?

Dar Scott