Creating thumbnail

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jan 9 14:10:00 EST 2003

Karl,

While you can only capture screen contents, you can control where it gets
pasted by setting the topstack() to invisible or offscreen. This is how I do
it for the screen capture utility: Hemtools..

http://www.altuit.com/webs/hemingway/HemTools/HemTools.htm

But, if you're capturing content from the topstack(), it's not likely you
can move it offscreen before the bitmap is 'pasted' on the card. I was
thinking you may be able to set the backpattern of a backdrop to your image,
capture it and the bitmap would be pasted offscreen on the topstack, as the
backdrop is not in itself a topstack. Kind of a hack, and might not even
work.

What I did in ButtonGadget (www.buttongadget.com) was to have a 'place' for
the imported bitmap to be composited, etc.. Still not the best solution, but
one that could work.

-Chipp