OSX application menu

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 13:44:01 EST 2003

Now that I have OSX installed :-)

I've got everything working as desired except for one thing...

I can't seem to trap the "quit" message.

I have a doQuit handler to save data and so forth before quitting.
But once OSX moved my Quit menuItem to the application menu, nothing
I've coded will catch it.

It bypasses the menuPick handlers.

I've tried putting the following appleEvent handler into the card,
and the stack, to no avail.  It bypasses this as well, and just quits.

on appleEvent sClass,sID,sSender
if sID = "quit" then
   doQuit
   pass appleEvent
end if
end appleEvent

I tried sticking a "beep" in there or "answer xyz" to test whether it
even traps the message.  It doesn't.

How do I trap that message, and perform my doQuit operation?

Thanks all.

Shari C

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--