Database Encryption

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jan 4 13:50:01 EST 2003

on 1/4/03 3:13 PM, andu at undo at cloud9.net wrote:

Hi Andu,

>> But problem is that MC 2.4.2 on some incredible reason returns UNIX paths
>> on OS X ?????????????????????????
>
> What is so incredible about mc returning unix path on OSX, isn't OSX UNIX?
> Besides, this behavior is the same on all platforms and has never changed.

I agree when we speak about MC 2.4.3 Macho.

But MC 2.4.2 Carbon -- which is claimed to use CARBON API,
Which claim to support CARBON plugins,
Must work with MacOS Classic paths.

Otherwise plugin, (now we speak about Valentina) expect to work with CARBON
API, which DO NOT have unix paths. So why I need deal with unix paths in
CARBON plugin ???

Can you explain me?

And again, all rest products like REALbasic and Director Carbon, work
correctly here. They return MacOS paths.

Okay, I see that this will be never changed in MetaCard.
So this is private headache of MetaCard developers.

> <snip>
>>
>> In Director I can simply put cursor on function, click button, and wow, I
>> am on that function.
>>
>> Well, I just frustrated. Again and again, in case I get project from
>> developer to test MetaCard, is nightmare for me.
>
> Sounds to me as if you use Metacard only accidentally, why do you expect it
> to feel familiar? I felt the same as you do first (and last) time I opened
> Director.

Almost true, but Director DO HAVE that features, and with time I can find
them and use, MetaCard do NOT have them.

> And remember, people choose Metacard for the language not IDE, most newbies
> have a hard time with the IDE until they discover the superior pleasure of
> using the language and the power of it.

But agree, that if add great IDE to great language you will be more happy?
:-)

May be Revolution solve this problem ?
Just no time to look on it deeply...

--