Export text from tabbed field

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Fri Jan 3 08:06:01 EST 2003

>Signe Marie Sanne wrote:
>
>>  Is it possible to export a field with fixed tab stops to a text file
>>  with the tab stops being maintained in the file? I have used: put fld
>>  1 into url tUrl.
>
>Try:
>
>   put fld 1 into url ("file:"&tUrl)

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I already had "file" implemented in the path (just omitted it in my
posting). The text file (both in Word and plain text) shows tabs, but
instead of being placed in a fixed place, the tabs all seem to just
introduce a certain number of spaces where the tab stops are, but
since the text in each column varies, the original columns in the
fields are not maintained. Other clues?

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen        	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/hjem/default.html
Norway