Memory Problems

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 21 13:58:00 EST 2003

Ray Horsley wrote:

> Once again, I owe a great big thanks to those on the list who helped me with
> this thing.  As it turned out, the idle handler was the solution.  However,
> it seems to me I remember some discusion on the list a while back about
> problems with idle handlers under certain circumstances.  If anyone
> remembers what those problems were or where I can look them up, please let
> me know.

The problem with idle is that it runs about 60 times every second, whether
it's needed or not.  Chances are that most of the times idle is called it is
not needed, consuming CPU cycles with no benefit.

In your case, where you need an action to be performed once after the repeat
loop, it seems a perfect fit for "send in XX millisecs".