Memory Problems

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Feb 21 13:55:01 EST 2003

Recently, "Ray Horsley"  wrote:

> Once again, I owe a great big thanks to those on the list who helped me with
> this thing.  As it turned out, the idle handler was the solution.  However,
> it seems to me I remember some discusion on the list a while back about
> problems with idle handlers under certain circumstances.  If anyone
> remembers what those problems were or where I can look them up, please let
> me know.

This has been stated on the list ad nauseum but one way to get around any
problems due to idle handlers is to avoid using them at all; use "send
in..." instead.  In my experience, I have yet to encounter any idle script
that can't be rewritten using "send in...".

  on idle
    doMyStuff
  end idle

becomes...

  on myOwnIdler
    doMyStuff
    send "myOwnIdler" to me in 50 milliseconds
  end myOwnIdler

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director