writing files on HD vs overwriting files on Apache CGI

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Feb 19 20:43:01 EST 2003

Permissions IS the issue... even the infamous "Matt's FormMail-B" Perl
script will not open a new log file for write to capture incoming
POSTed data from a web form in a directory outside the  cgi-bin  unless
the file already exists. so, it's not an MC thing...

JB, can you send me off list your CGI? and the URL to the web page (or
the HTML for the page itself)  I actually have on the roster a project
to create a stack to distribute to people to upload photos and
captions, but a web based cgi will also be very useful for certain
situations. I'll try it on our servers in Honolulu and see if we can
figure it out...

Thanks
Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications