custompropertysets

thierry Douez t.douez at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 11 10:38:01 EST 2003

Well, after your email, i dig into the script of the
"Custom Properties" stack. there is 2 main handlers called
setprops and getprops. they do the job, mainly by passing the
properties into a field and then  "refilling" a hash before setting
again the selected Set.

so, the answer is there: same kind of job to do this for a whole Set
or for just a property.

all the best and thanks,
thierry

  | There must be support for the deletion of one property set at a time.
  | I did try but couldn't find it either...
  |
  | Is deleting just one property from a customproperty set just as hard?
  |
  | Im asking as Im working on an improved Control Browser that shows
  | all the properties including the custom sets... Just hadn't got
  | there yet!
  |
  | thanks for all info
  | Xavier
  |
  |   | >   | > set the customPropertySet  of  this stack  to "X"
  |   | >   | > to select or create a Set.
  |   | >   | > Then, how can I delete this "X" set ?
  |   | >   | >
  |   | >   | Try this:
  |   | >   |
  |   | >   | set the customPropertySet  of  this stack  to empty
  |   | >   |
  |   |
  |   | Sorry, pasted the wrong line.
  |   | (Yes, this indeed selects the default Set. It is easy to
  |   | overlook the fact
  |   | that every object that can have custom properties set is
  | created with a
  |   | default Set with the name empty.)
  |   |
  |   | The following will delete ALL of the customPropertySets for the
  |   | specified object
  |   |
  |   | set the customPropertySets of this stack to empty
  |   |
  |   | I never needed to delete only a single customPropertySet, but I
  |   | suspect any Set could be set to empty by using array elements to
  | reference them.
  |   |
  |   | miscdas
  |   |