custompropertysets

thierry Douez t.douez at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 11 06:21:01 EST 2003

  | Objet : Re: custompropertysets
  |
  | thierry Douez writes:
  |
  | >   | > set the customPropertySet  of  this stack  to "X"
  | >   | > to select or create a Set.
  | >   | > Then, how can I delete this "X" set ?
  | >   | >
  | >   | Try this:
  | >   |
  | >   | set the customPropertySet  of  this stack  to empty
  | >   |

  | Sorry, pasted the wrong line.
  | (Yes, this indeed selects the default Set. It is easy to
  | overlook the fact
  | that every object that can have custom properties set is created with a
  | default Set with the name empty.)
  |
  | The following will delete ALL of the customPropertySets for the
  | specified object
  |
  | set the customPropertySets of this stack to empty
  |
  | I never needed to delete only a single customPropertySet, but I
  | suspect any Set could be set to empty by using array elements to
reference them.

  | miscdas

Well, i knew about this one, but this still doesn't reach my goal :-(
I really do need to do this "Set delete", and i'm a bit surprised
that there is no simple solution....
anyway, what i can do is export all the Sets
in a dynamic structure, clean what has to be cleaned, delete the "Sets"
and re-import the new "customPropertySets", but what a job !

Other ideas ?

Thanks for your help,
Kind regards, thierry