Norton Internet Security (NIS) and Post failure

andu undo at cloud9.net
Fri Feb 7 00:34:01 EST 2003

--On Friday, February 07, 2003 00:06:55 -0500 Tariel Gogoberidze
<PMDA at earthlink.net> wrote:

> This problem was already mentioned either on this or Rev list by Rich Herz
>
>  >There are problems with MC access to internet with Norton
>  >Internet Security (NIS) installed on Win XP. NIS must
>  >be uninstalled, not merely turned off.
> --
>  > NIS on Win 98 seems to be working OK.
>  >Rich Herz
>
> We are also badly hit by this issue.
> Our users with windows XP and NIS installed  can't send post command from
> MC. Sometimes Norton askes for permision to allow MC stanalone to work
> but then blocks it anyway.
>
> I really hope somebody have a solution for this

I think the problem is with the Norton thing which is either needs
configuration or is bad by nature. To find out exactly what's going on you
need a program which can intercept the communication between the
application which sends the post and NIS. Basically you want to see what's
different between a regular browser sending a post and your app.