copying files

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Tue Feb 4 13:00:04 EST 2003

I have looked everywhere!

Could somebody PLEASE tell me how to copy a file using Applescript in
MetaCard? An example unsing shell would be much appreciated too...it does
not have to be extensive (I am doing error checking before and after the
actual copy). I just need to use something other than the built in copy
routines in Metacard.

  It is very frustrating to not have any reference in MetaCard on how to
integrate these external scritping capabilities. There are too many
unanswered questions to NOT have something...for instance:

HOW do I integrate Applescript?! Do I use the exact same structure as the
Applescript editor? I did notice ONE brief mention in the MetaCard reference
about using the 'do' command with other languages...that's IT!

I am getting the impression that I need to replace the "/" delimiter for
files with ":". Do I also replace the "/" at the beginning of file
references that MetaCard uses with the ":"?

Is there a 'result' for any errors that AppleScript encounters?

Sorry for my frustration, but I have been to quite a few Applescript web
sites last nite and this morning to no avail. The AppleScript Language Guide
from Apple's site (and the Internet) seems to be gone, so I have NO
reference...

Thank you,
JR