copying packages in OSX

RCS rcs at rcsprogramming.com
Mon Feb 3 12:26:01 EST 2003

> Just a thought without seeing your scripts: are you using "binfile:" URLs
> reference the files?
> Brian

  I am using binary to read and write the files, and it is actually working
correctly (I can copy 'almost' any package)...it just doesn't work with
stand-alone 'packages' created with Metacard (actually just the
MetaCardCarbonMach-O file in the MacOS folder). I wrote an email to support
describing what I discovered...

> Why are you trying to copy an OS X package? Perhaps there is a better way
> accomplish what you're trying to do...
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software

I want to get this to work with the method that I am using, and I do not
want to use Applescript for two reasons:

- Apple is notorious for dropping support on things.

- There is no Applescript in Windows.

Thanks,
JR