CGI Frustration

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Feb 1 20:05:03 EST 2003

This is probably too obvious to ask, but are you sure you have the path
statement at the beginning correct?

This it tripped me in the beginning. everything seemed perfectly set
up, but the path to the engine was wrong

If you are being hosted on a virtual server, this can be an issue.

If it is an issue, just look at Apache's error logs and you may need to
set the path to
the mc.exe to  something along the lines of :

#!/export/vhost/com/h/himalayanacademy/www/public_html/cgi-bin/mc

i.e. just look at any path in the error logs and emulate that

I had, initially wrongly assumed that I could must put

#!mc
on startup

etc.

because the engine was in the same (cgi-bin) directory as the scripts
that were calling it... i.e. the default assumption would be "use a
relative path"

but, not so... won't work.