text cursor's location and look

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Dec 22 00:22:35 EST 2003

> Is there a built-in MC command, function, message, or etc. which I can use
> within a script to:
>
> 1. know or control the text cursor's location within a text field, e.g.,
> "put the textCursorLoc (?) between the 18th and 19th characters of line 3 of
> field "fText";

Look at: the selectedChunk

> 2. change the shape of the text-cursor, for example, from a flashing I-beam
> to an underscore.

No built-in MC command to do that, sorry. Although you might be able to make
it happen by using a locked field and putting your own underscore in,
trapping the rawKeyUp and adjusting the text accordingly.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/