filename in MacOSx

Rick Rice rice at cariboo.bc.ca
Mon Dec 15 10:17:09 EST 2003

When I run a MC stack (2.4.3 Metacardcarbon) I get a filename for the
stack such as

"/Data from old iMac/MetaCard Projects/Gerry copy/angiosv3 copy.mc"

When I make this stack a standalone I get the filename as:

"/Data from old iMac/MetaCard Projects/Gerry
copy/angio2.app/Contents/MacOS/MetaCardCarbonMach-O"

I have the app in the same directory "Gerry copy" as is a directory
with hundreds of images.
I display the images using the  "set the filename".  I insert the
directory name and an "/" and the image name into the last item of the
filename and then show the image.

But now in the standalone all the extra junk on the end of the path
means that when I insert the directory name and an "/" and the image
name into the last item of the filename the path isn't correct and the
image isn't displayed.
How do I get around this? I could simply delete the last four items
from the filename but then the image isn't displayed in the
nonstandalone stack.

Thanks for the help
	Rick