Message passing in the IDE

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 00:58:05 EST 2003

At 1:15 pm -0800 13/12/03, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>In working on my own tools I've found cases where the MC IDE's habit of not
>passing system messages annoys.  For example, the newTool message is not
>passed, but after modifying MC to pass the message it allows me to have my
>own tools that update themselves from their own frontscripts without any
>side effects.
>
>I'm inclined to make this message-passing a part of the IDE, with at least
>the newool and selectedObjectChanged messages.

I'm in favor.

A slightly different topic, but while you're in there, you could
perhaps modify the following handlers:

  getCachedURLs
  getURLStatus
  loadURL
  getURL
  postURL
  putURL
  unloadURL
  deleteURL

to something like:

on getCachedURLs
   if "libUrl" is not among the lines of the stacksInUse
   then start using "libUrl"
   pass getCachedURLs
end getCachedURLs

This would stop the problem you mentioned before of other library
stacks possibly getting flooded with libraryStack messages.

Dave