Slow down

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Mon Dec 8 02:48:39 EST 2003

I'm experiencing a very slow execution on Windows NT 2000 (japanese)

On my English Mac Powerbook 333 sytem 8.6 (ancient, i know!) this works well.

the aim of this script is to move a field of words across the screen so that students can click on the words as they scroll past. I tried it with the "move" command, but the mouseclicks weren't caught on Win NT and the movement was pretty jerky.

on movescroll
--check for location (i.e. has the field moved all the way?)
put the right of fld "scroll" - 2 into x
set the right of fld "scroll" to x
if x > the righ of image 1 then send movescroll to this cd in .003 seconds --(image 1 sets the boundary for the field)
end movescroll

It works all right (still a little jerky) but on the NT machine it's sloooooow. It seems to move fast and then slow way down as the field becomes completely visible on the screen.

any ideas/comments would be most welcome!
tom mccarthy