Metacard support

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Dec 5 13:53:49 EST 2003

>>  Maybe Scott Raney exhibited great tech support, but no matter how I
>>  look at the current support situation, it doesn't look good, even for a
>>  small company that's having growing pains.
>
>Scott was a god with responsiveness.  Never seen anything like it before,
>doubt I ever will again.  It takes a certain almost OCD-like quality that on
>my most obsessive day I only meet halfway.  Yet even in my
>merely-halfway-to-Scott-level obsessiveness, I get strong feedback that
>tells me its worth the effort, like this email that came in today:
>
>   Thank you very much for your help. It's a shame some of
>   the software companies larger than yourselves don't model
>   their customer service, support and product quality on
>   FourthWorld - I'm not even a customer quite yet, and I
>   feel completely secure about your company and software.
>
>Scott inspired a new level of support commitment here, and it has tangible
>benefits.  Hopefully as RunRev increases staff size they'll catch the
>obsession with similar results.

Well, I know of another person that provides great support in the
same spirit: Ruslan Zasukhin of Paradigma Software, the main
developer of Valentina Database family. Coincidently MC/Rev and
Valentina are a great match. Ruslan participates very actively in his
product support list, his replies are often within short time of the
question showing there, and even helps to some degree with user
issues, like help with designing databases. He is also reknown for
acting quickly on the reported bugs and listening to user input in
product development.

Robert Brenstein