Player messages

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Dec 5 01:10:04 EST 2003

On 12/4/03 5:41 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> I am playing a series of QT sound-only movies by changing the filename
> of a player. A playstopped handler is supposed to trigger when the
> player is done and then loads the next sound file.
>
> I am not getting a playstopped message if the stack containing the
> player is frontmost. As soon as I click on the message box or the script
> editor or otherwise suspend the stack, the playstopped is immediately
> sent and the next sound loads and plays. I have checked to make sure
> that messages are not locked.
>
> I tried running the stack in Revolution and it works fine in the IDE; I
> do get a playstopped message there. However if I suspend the IDE or
> build a standalone, I no longer get the playstopped message and it acts
> just as it does in MC. Can anyone think of anything that would cause this?

Possibly related: I've noticed some screwy behavior over here similar to
what you describe but with looping audio-only players.  When the stack with
the player is frontmost, the audio stops.  As soon as I make the message box
active, meaning the mainStack is no longer frontmost, the audio starts up
and plays fine.  I haven't isolated this problem out yet, but I can confirm
experiencing something odd.

RunRev guys, if you're reading this, I've said it before and I'll say it
again: audio support needs some serious revamping.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design