Squishing data

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Aug 27 20:26:01 EDT 2003

I'm not sure what you mean by "putting data in an array" changing the
stack size: arrays are held in memory. Do you mean that you write the
arrays to custom properties?

You may want to try using compress() on the field data, i.e.
set the compressed_data of fld 1 to compress(fld 1)

Then just access the fields with:
put decompress(the compressed_data of fld 1) into fieldData

For performance, you would want to only decompress() once- although
keeping the uncompressed data in memory bumps your memory requirements
so you'll have to balance memory vs. performance.

Compress() should get you a reasonable shrink on text, hopefully 50% or
so.

Brian