RunRev 2.1

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Aug 26 19:06:01 EDT 2003

>  >
>>  But this brings a minor issue to tackle with MC IDE -- so far, we
>>  used the version of the engine for IDE. I think we will now need to
>>  version the engine after releases of Rev since it seems they are not
>>  releasing engine version self, and version IDE independently.
>
>We should be able to modify the version-checking handler easily, and it's
>only needed once since the Rev engine is obligated to make no changes that
>will break the MC IDE as it exists today.
>
>Of course we'd want any changes we make to continue to work as well, but
>since it's all script anything that affects the IDE adversely would have the
>same effect on others' work in both MC and Rev.
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Developer of WebMerge: Publish any database on any Web site

I think you misread my email. I did not mean the low-level
interaction between the engine and the IDE but keeping track of
different versions. MC IDE is now becoming a "product" on its own. I
presume that we continue its version numbering regardless of versions
of the engine. As reported, the current MC IDE 2.5 works with what we
know as Rev engine 2.0.x and 2.1 but, wildly guessing the future,
version 2.6 may not be compatible with Rev engine 2.0.x for some
reason (just an example).

Robert