RunRev 2.1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 26 18:25:02 EDT 2003

Robert Brenstein wrote:

>> The date of course will vary depending on when you renewed.
>>
>> But it seems that every pro license that was renewed in that last year,
>> whether a MetaCard license or a Rev Enterprise license, will continue to get
>> upgrades on the same schedule regardless of the file name of the engine.
>
> But this brings a minor issue to tackle with MC IDE -- so far, we
> used the version of the engine for IDE. I think we will now need to
> version the engine after releases of Rev since it seems they are not
> releasing engine version self, and version IDE independently.

We should be able to modify the version-checking handler easily, and it's
only needed once since the Rev engine is obligated to make no changes that
will break the MC IDE as it exists today.

Of course we'd want any changes we make to continue to work as well, but
since it's all script anything that affects the IDE adversely would have the
same effect on others' work in both MC and Rev.