MC IDE - next steps

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Tue Aug 26 10:53:44 EDT 2003

on the simplification business, we could save lots of time for everyone
if we adopted the RR help stacks and include a mention RR only or MC or
FMC (freeMC)...

just a lazy suggestion!

cheers
---------------------=---------------------
Xavier Bury

David Bovill <david at anon.nu>
Sent by: metacard-admin at lists.runrev.com
26/08/03 16:21
Please respond to metacard

        To:     metacard at lists.runrev.com
        cc:     ^
        Subject:        Re: MC IDE - next steps

xbury.cs at clearstream.com wrote:

> - It would be essential also to track versions. David Bovill was hinting

> at CVS and it's a possibility but
> I had an idea were we could track these as customproperties instead. Im
> sure there's advantages to
> both as well as disadvantages. The essential would be to track Version,
> date, author and changes.

Yes. I have some initial recommendations (in fact I think we should both
use robust (and secure) CVS-style backend AND a simpler (and open)
custom property based interface...

Regardless of the specifics, a versioning system will be important for
both software and the documentation. I am offering to write a document
on this, and collate suggestions / input.

> What is this transcript dictionary? Is this the new free-MC language or
> what?

This is the Rev documentation - it is more complete than the black arts
of MC's doumentation - but has some dependencies (as Jacqueline has
pointed out). I'll start working on this now, so I'd be happy for any
suggestions / input.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER