MC IDE - next steps

David Bovill david at anon.nu
Tue Aug 26 10:24:00 EDT 2003

xbury.cs at clearstream.com wrote:

> - It would be essential also to track versions. David Bovill was hinting
> at CVS and it's a possibility but
> I had an idea were we could track these as customproperties instead. Im
> sure there's advantages to
> both as well as disadvantages. The essential would be to track Version,
> date, author and changes.

Yes. I have some initial recommendations (in fact I think we should both
use robust (and secure) CVS-style backend AND a simpler (and open)
custom property based interface...

Regardless of the specifics, a versioning system will be important for
both software and the documentation. I am offering to write a document
on this, and collate suggestions / input.

> What is this transcript dictionary? Is this the new free-MC language or
> what?

This is the Rev documentation - it is more complete than the black arts
of MC's doumentation - but has some dependencies (as Jacqueline has
pointed out). I'll start working on this now, so I'd be happy for any
suggestions / input.