MC IDE

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 09:51:00 EDT 2003

>What you suggest would be only a half solution IMHO.
>Hiding/deactivating undesirable or not needed elements could
>unclutter the display. However, the large memory requirements will
>likely remain and so will the background activity to name a few
>things that affect some of my work. Plus this will complicate the
>Rev IDE even further, hencefore making it potentially less stable.
>And stability is important, I'd say critical for some of us.
>
>Robert

I second that.

Memory issues are critical when you're working with memory intensive
projects.  If the IDE took any more memory than MC's IDE does right
now, I'd be dead in the water with my current project.

Screen real estate is also a major issue.  I have stacks that I've
designed to take up the entire monitor, as I need to * see * as much
as I can while working on this project.  Anything that covers part of
the screen gets in the way and slows down the project.

Shari
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com