MC IDE

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon Aug 25 02:44:00 EDT 2003

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 11:52  AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> For MC, a good release note may be sufficient along with the existing
> docs. (Scott himself has sometimes updated the release notes before
> updating the doc stacks with the same information, and I suspect
> everyone is used to reading the release notes with each new version.)
>
> This is assuming the IDE doesn't change (except maybe for
> compatibility updates), but I haven't seen much demand on the list for
> changes. If people add their own optional palettes and utilities, I
> expect they will document these utilities themselves, as now, pretty
> much.

I was thinking of changes to the language more than the IDE -- I know
the IDE will be fairly stable, as you pointed out. I'm assuming (yes, I
know what happens) that Scott won't be adding new/updating existing
language terms to the MC documentation going forward. That pretty much
means abandoning the MC docs and adopting yours, which is another nut
to crack.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com