Can Metacard copy files?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Aug 20 08:07:00 EDT 2003

on 19/8/03 6:41 pm, depstein at att.net wrote
> Is there a Metacard script that will copy an existing non-stack (e.g., JPG)
> file to a specified directory and give the copy a specified new file name?

Rev has a command revCopyFiles.  (This uses shell and AppleScript on the
various platforms, so unlike simply reading data in and writing it out
again, it preserves all the file attributes (and on MacOS, resource forks).)

I'd guess if your app isn't for distribution there's nothing to stop you
downloading a demo copy of Rev and inspecting/copying the code.  (I'd also
imagine that this is the kind of 'simply missing' command that we can expect
to see merge into MetaTalk/Transcript as part of the new process.)

HTH,

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866