Passing keypress messages to other applications

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Aug 18 17:21:00 EDT 2003

Bruce,

You can communicate between MetaCard and Flash over sockets. Set up a
port that both apps will communicate on and then send from MC, and
receive in Flash. Note that Flash expects that last character of any
received data to be numToChar(0), so you'll have to append that.

Then, they can write a custom handler for their flash app that responds
to your MC "commands" and triggers the Flash front end.

If you need more assistance, contact me offlist and I'll help as best I
can.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com