Rev for MC = ?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Aug 16 06:57:00 EDT 2003

Hi Scott,

> So Rev is supposed to support the MC dev environment for a while.  Now
> how
> do we get the latest Rev engine to run the MC environment?  Tried
> messing
> with creator types, package contents, etc on MacOSX but no luck...

this will do the trick on OS X...

Go to (ctrl-click and use a copy please ;-):

Revolution 2.1b3.app/Contents/MacOS/

and copy the engine Revolution to:

MetaCard.app/Contents/MacOS/

Then rename the engine to, you guessed, MetaCard...

That's all...

You will get an error saying that the tools stack version number does
not match
the engine number when launching MC but thats all...

This will work until we get a word from the other Scott ;-)

Hope that helps...

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director