Unified Revolution

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 16 00:28:01 EDT 2003

Brian Yennie wrote:

> What I would really love to see is an open source project that
> incorporates several things at once:
>
> 1) The now open-source Metacard IDE and any other alternative IDEs
> (i.e. FreeCard)
>
> 2) Open-source externals (i.e. custom controls, movie editing, etc)
>
> 3) Open-source plugins (i.e. RevNet)
>
> 4) Open-source stacks, widgets & scripts (i.e. libSMTP, libURL, etc)

Would RevNet make a good starting point?

In spite of its name, RevNet is written to maintain full compatibility with
both MetaCard and Revolution, is extensible, and free.

I'm also working on a tool for RevNet which makes a mirror Web site of its
contents.  Much of it already work in reverse (taking links from the 4W
site, RSS from revJournal, and the Tips page from Ken's site), so all that
would be needed is a cgi to create a Web page for the Stacks index.

I've left space in the lefthand menu so more things can be added as we go.
And as a combination stack and Web site, it would keep both deployment
venues in synch with real-time updates of content added by users.

Worth considering?