Does your MC crash too?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Aug 13 04:41:00 EDT 2003

Thanks Ken,

Actually, I set an image (not in any group) as a background picture (it
doesn't need resizing and no mess with patterns' sizes.)

The image was imported in the beginning so it has not changed.
There is a second image which servers as a viewer for this image browser.
This means the image changes frequently.

The only operation that affects the browser image is rotating the image
using the angle property and resizing it to fit the
window.

The background image was never resized or manipulated. I did a blend
change because it was nicer. Wop, the stack size
jumped from 100KBs (approx) to 3MB... I suspect the image was decompressed
for the blend effect.

To see if this was the cause of the jump in sizes, I tried to reset the
image effect to srcCopy. Saved, no prob but no change in stack size
(arghh),
so I restored the image blend, I saved and crash!

--

In the htmltext problems, I made a stack that downloads a website's
images. So in the start I made a preview of the page in a field where

Is this a proof?
--

Hope this is enough to "experience" these crashes.
Fortunately the script changes of the crashed stacks can be recuperated

On 13/08/2003 08:17:19 metacard-admin wrote:
>Xavier,
>
>If you could post exactly what you're doing that causes the crash, we
>could try it on our own systems. "Images and htmlText with pictures"
>doesn't quite cut it. When you say "changed a blend level on a
>background picture" do you mean a group that contains an image with its
>backgroundBehavior true?
>
>Let us know and we can help out...
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software
>Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
>Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER