mcnews.rev

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 11 22:40:00 EDT 2003

On 8/11/03 5:32 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, "Alain Farmer"  wrote:
>

>>> go stack url
>>>"http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/mcnews.rev"
>

>>I ran the stack with MetaCard 2.5. I was glad to
>>see that there were no Rev-only features to crash the party.
>

> On my end, I continue to work in MC and save in Rev.  The engines are
> identical, but contrary to what others have posted on the lists, I believe
> an MC stack must be saved from within Rev to make it "Rev-compatible".  I
> have often open MC stacks in Rev only to find they cannot be selected or
> moved, and others have noted similar problems with my earlier stacks (I'm
> thinking this might be due to some windowShape issue but haven't had time to
> track it down).  To date, opening an MC-built stack within Rev and saving
> has worked consistently for me.

I've seen the same thing often, sometimes with the native stacks that
ship with Rev. It has to do with the file type and creator codes in OS
X, but I haven't been able to quite pin it down. Sometimes reassigning
the codes with a third-party utility makes the stacks visible in the Rev
"open file" dialog, but occasionally even that doesn't work. I'm not
sure it's entirely a Rev thing; I'm more inclined to blame the Finder.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com