MC in RR

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Sun Aug 10 02:32:01 EDT 2003

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto writes:
[snip]
> At 5:57 AM -0700 8/9/03, FlexibleLearning at aol.com wrote:
>> Q1. Can I still use my MetaCard stacks in the RR GUI? Or do they have to
>>be 'translated'? Or do I simply change the suffix?
>
> You can use them as-is. (To get the "Open" item in the File menu to see
> them on Windows/Unix, you do need to change the extension.

That is rather misleading, unless you mean to say that one must actually
rename the file, changing its extenstion form .mc to .rev. If so, this is
not correct.

Under Win XP Pro, do this:
1. Launch Rev
2. From the Toolbar, click Open or
  from the File menu select Open stack... or
  press Ctrl+o.
  The Open Stack dialog is displayed.
3. On this dialog, navigate to the drop-down-list box Files of type: and
click the arrow.
  The list of file types is displayed.
4. From the list, select All files or Metacard.
  The dialog updates to enable display of the files of the type selected.
5. Have at it...

miscdas