Launching a local file in the default browser

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sat Aug 9 03:37:01 EDT 2003

Still works... I did miss the "local" though and skipped my eyes to the
"browser".

In any case, try this form:

tell application "Finder"
   open location "file:///Users/yennie/Desktop/test.html"
end tell

The trick seems to be adding the browser-style protocol to the front
for local files: "file://"
You should have 3 slashes total- the third is part of the file path.

HTH

Brian