Launching a local file in the default browser

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Aug 9 03:14:00 EDT 2003

Richard, you posted this to the MC list last year under the header :

 Found it:  You have to explicitely tell the Finder, like this:

    put "tell application "&quote&"Finder"&quote&cr&"open "&quote& \
        tFilePath &quote&cr&"end tell" into s
    do s as AppleScript

See: http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/2002-January/000569.html

But I just checked it and it doesn't work for me. I'll keep looking...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/