Script Limits and solid IDE evolution!

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Aug 8 14:44:00 EDT 2003

On 7/8/03 2:30 pm, Robert Brenstein <rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Actually, this was an acceptable way to earn your wings and test the
> MC environment. Chaining 10-lines was not breaking any licenses
> AFAIK. I believe the reasoning was that any serious developer would
> pay rather than struggle all the time, but people who were not
> serious wouldn't pay anyway. Some post in this thread seem to confirm
> that this worked. (But then some complained that they can't truly
> evaluate the product with 10-line limit.)

Right.  And with either a purchase of $995 or a free product, pros would pay
$995 and everyone else would use the free product.  But now, we have
Revolution Express - list $149 and currently on intro-offer at $75.  The
Starter Kit would cannibalize sales of that.  And it did not make a good
demo, it is less effective than a 30 day trial.  That isn't some kind of
theoretical debate, we have done our homework - 10 lines of code frustrated
a lot of people using the demo.

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited: Software at the Speed of Thought
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.