Script Limits and solid IDE evolution!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 7 16:47:04 EDT 2003

Mark Talluto wrote:

>> The script limits do not come into play so long as there is a licenced
>> Home stack.
>
> I thought that standalones were going to be affected by this change?

Yes, as there is no licensed Home stack.  But in the IDE you can still make
all the automated script-generating tools you like.

The post I replied to was concerned about "do", which is not affected by the
proposed change at all.

And given the clear preference for maintaining script limits, I'd be
surprised if even that went into effect.

I think we're all clear:  we don't want to see a Digital Chisel for Rev.
But in my understanding even Digital Chisel was able to work out an
equitable royalty arrangement with Allegiant, so there's no reason for any
fears along those lines here.  After all, it does no one any good to piss
off the party making your engine; any company that did would position itself
for self-destruction.