Script Limit

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Aug 7 15:53:00 EDT 2003

At 10:42 AM -0700 8/7/03, Dr. John R. Vokey wrote:
>> I'd urge people to drop a line to Kevin if this change would impact
>> their products, describing how you use the capability. I can't
>> speak for Kevin but I know he listens carefully to concerns of
>> current customers when changes are being considered.
>>
>Good advice *if one is producing ``products'', i.e., applications that
>just so happen to be written in metacard , but could have been done in
>c or BASIC)*  I, however, produce extensible ``stacks''---following the
>original hypercard model--- that I freely exchange with my students and
>colleagues.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Your extensible stacks are your
products. ("Product" does not mean "commercial product", nor is it
restricted to standalone applications.) It sounds from your description
like your products would in fact impact the products you make, so my
suggestion of discussing this with Kevin is still my advice.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/