Script Limits and Starter Kit

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 15:06:47 EDT 2003

>Roughly the same for me. Think I used the starter kit for around 4
>months to build things before getting a licence. I would be using
>another language if I had not been able to do this. Using "do" alone
>would not suffice as I'd have lost the speed reasons for using MC.

I, also, used the starter kit for awhile before buying a license.  I
actually did plan to build a project with the starter kit, but the 10
line script limit was just too big of a hassle to do a proper job.
And I got far enough into it, that I knew I liked it.  So I bought it.

My philosophy as a developer, when I create software that I hope
folks will buy, is never to take it away so that they will delete the
program and move on.  I limit functionality, as MC/Rev have done so
far, but allow a very basic version to continue on forever.  It's
hard to say what would happen were I to change this philosophy.  But
logically, I believe it is the best philosophy.

I know that programs I download, if they work 20 times and stop, get
deleted, and do not get downloaded again.  I have NEVER purchased
shareware that just stopped functioning.  I may not buy it
immediately.  But if it stays on my computer, and gets used, there is
a chance I will buy it eventually.  I have programs I will be
purchasing this year, that fall into this category.  Only reason I
haven't purchased yet, is Mac changing from PPC to OSX, and I need to
get the OSX versions of these programs, so that I do not have to
purchase twice.  My migration from PPC to OSX has been a slow one.

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com